[Gllug] AGP 4x

Rob Andrews rob at impure.org.uk
Tue Oct 9 07:44:47 UTC 2001

[09-Oct-2001 00:46.41 (BST) / Rev Simon Rumble]
 > > The G450 is based on the same chipset as the G400, IIRR. It has an
 > > additional TV out, and you may need to use the mga_hal closed source
 > > library to make it perform properly. I think that XFree 4.1 supports
 > > everything it can do with open source stuff, except the TV out.
 > Yep that's exactly right.  Have the mga_hal thingy and it all works
 > beautifully: except no 4x AGP which it is definitely capable of.

My G450 takes this (with XFree86 4.1.0):

Section "Device"
    Identifier	"Matrox G450 Dual Head (port 1)"
    Driver	"mga"
    Option	"AGPMode" "4"
    BusID	"PCI:1:0:0"
    Screen      0
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier	"Matrox G450 Dual Head (port 2)"
    Driver	"mga"
    Option	"AGPMode" "4"
    BusID	"PCI:1:0:0"
    Screen      1
EndSection

--
* only the good die young. the rest are forced to code perl for eternity *

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk