[Gllug] Underclocking an Athlon

George F Saxby george at burner.saltmine.net
Wed Oct 3 00:17:44 UTC 2001

Walid, 47 degs is way too high the max it should be is 7degrees over system
ambient usually sub 30 Degs. Suggest you read :-

www.articsilver.com

I had a an AMD running at 32 degrees after disturbing the heatsink this was
because the pink crap of death had bubbled and I had a n air bubble instead
of contact. I applied the artic and the temp went sub 20degrees and after 7
hours running climbed to 27degrees with an ambient of 20 degs.

	When you come to L2E bring the beasty and we will silver it.
AS to mobo's with temp sensors almost all modern boards run cut outs.
unfortunately the read outs & setting are via bios screens only. There are
CPU health s/ware out there but experience showed they could cause crashing
on dozy boxen.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk