[Gllug] Off Topic Not a Plug

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Wed Oct 3 14:31:44 UTC 2001

David Damerell wrote:

> Hmma. I've seen some good things done in Flash, but not one of them
> was a Web site.

errrm http://www.linux.co.uk/flash/

No comment as to its benefits - just that it does exist!

On the website front.  I am looking to buy a new monitor.  I think a nice 19" or a good 17" TFT.

Iiyama is the first that springs to mind.  It only has a flash site - no
working back buttons and a site that is not easily navigated if you want
to have a flick thorugh for interesting stuff.

I then went to download some specs of the monitors, Oh good, a pdf (the
latest Mozilla build auto launches xpdf which I think is a good default
setting).  Well I was outraged to see that the had broken the
portability of the PDFs by sticking them in a .exe!

I will now be searching the Gllug archives as I remember there being a
discussion on monitors and which people recommend.

I shall not be buying an Iiyama.

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk