[Gllug] Getting network cable ties

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Mon Oct 29 12:45:20 UTC 2001

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 11:16:02AM +0100, Chris Bell wrote:
> On Sat 27 Oct, Nix wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know somewhere where those little metallic secure-
> > cable-tying widgets can be obtained? We have a (very) few, but they were
> > acquired from someone else, and anyway, they're all in use.
> >
> > Normally masking tape would serve, but running cable up the stairs is
> > something where you really don't want the tape to fall off the wall (as
> > it always does, in the end :( )
> >
>    A staple gun suitable for that size of cable can be far cheaper to buy
> than a few lengths of trunking, as long as you can fix to wood.

Sometimes, esp. if you're running cable through "pubic" areas, it's
better to go the whole hog and use trunking, partly because it
generally looks neater, and because it stops people pulling down your
carefully attached cable work.

Maplin flog cable ties if you're keen to buy some.

Cheers,

Simon

--
"A friend of mine is into Voodoo Acupuncture. You don't have to
go. You'll just be walking down the street, and...........ooooohhhhhh,

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk