[Gllug] security and the /etc/host* files, possibly portmap?

matthew at marbit.freeserve.co.uk matthew at marbit.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Oct 7 10:38:48 UTC 2001

Linux System Security - The Administrator's Guide to Open Source Security Tools
by Scott Mann and Ellen L. Mitchell
ISBN : 0-13-015807-0

Good chapter on xinetd.

Practical Unix & Internet Security - O'Reilly
Simson Garfinkel and Gene Spafford
ISBN : 1-56592-148-8

The Dog's Hairy bits according to various sources

Matt

> From: "will" <will at hellacool.co.uk>
> Date: Thu 04/Oct/2001 05:50 CEST
> To: <gllug at linux.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [Gllug] security and the /etc/host* files, possibly portmap?

Never pay another Internet phone bill!
Freeserve AnyTime, for all the Internet access you want, day and night, only £12.99 per month.
Sign-up at http://www.freeserve.com/time/anytime

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk