[Gllug] AGP 4x

Jarvis, Richie RJarvis at SignalSoftCorp.com
Tue Oct 9 11:08:08 UTC 2001

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 19:51:24 +0000
Sorry Mike - got my 1x, 2x and 4x mixed up - the original G400 was labelled
as 1x, 2x and 4x compatible - however when they released it 4x motherboards
were not available.  If you check the matrox forums way back when they came
out, you will see that it can sustain up to 2x AGP bus speeds, but not 4x
(but will work in a mobo supporting the 4x interface if the specs didn't
change in the meantime, which I believe they didn't)  It cannot run at 4x -
ever.

Quote from the MURC forums - Haig, btw works in the Matrox tech support
dept, and made this post back in July 1999

<Quote>
All G400 flavours - OEM, Bulk, Retail, SH, DH, Max all run 2x transactions.
They will also run in 4x mobo but not in 4x transactions, only 2x
transactions.

All I'm saying is that it is not possible for us to claim that our cards
will run 4x transactions when nothing is even specified yet.
</Quote>

Apologies for getting my terminilogy in a twist.

Apologies also for this wonderful Lookout crap that keeps putting HTML mail
at the bottom of my posts even when I have specified plain text mail (how do
i stop this???)

Cheers,

Richie