[Gllug] Perl 5.6.1 ?

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Fri Oct 26 15:46:31 UTC 2001

I read an article on  npulse in the latest Linux Journal
(OK Dean - it was Marcel Gagne's Cooking with Linux column,
but that still doesn't make it a bad thing)

Npulse in network monitoring software http://www.horsburgh.com/h_npulse.com
So far so good.

But it needs Perl 5.6.1, and I'm running Redhat 7.1
Last time I compiled Perl from source and installed, I remember hours
of endless joy.

Can anyone say what the version of Perl which ships with RH 7.2 is please?
This might motivate me into upgrading.

And yes - high time I stopped this childish RPM dependency and acted like
a Real Man (TM) and switch to Rock Linux, or Debian.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk