[Gllug] Strange Attractor Talk

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Tue Oct 2 15:39:30 UTC 2001

On Tuesday 02 October 2001 16:23, you wrote:
> There are ideas on using geographical co-ordinates for assigning IPs.
> Exciting stuff.

So you need gps as well as ipv6 to join consume? Excellent :^P

> I have an iPAQ.
>
> ipv6, and mobile ipv6 work on it, according to the Familiar mailing list.
> http://www.crl.research.digital.com/projects/mercury/

But requires you to install Familiar, I presume? Maybe if pokelinux gets good
sometime soon that might be an option, but PocketPC2k2 blows it away at the
moment. I can't see people wanting to trash it in their droves - certainly,
if I had an iPaq, Linux would be the last thing I'd want to install on it.

> BTW, if anyone is thinking of an iPAQ, Morgan Computers are currently
> selling off
> some of the recently superseded 32Mbyte models for 270 UKP.

ooooooooooooo :)

That's almost approaching affordable. BTW, did anyone see the iPaq deal
streetmap.co.uk were doing a while ago? Included PCMCIA sleeve and a nokia,
but of course had the phone contract as well :( That was only mid-300s, IIRC.

Cheers,

Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk