[Gllug] Something Simple

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Wed Oct 31 17:22:43 UTC 2001

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 03:12:15PM +0000, James Bailey wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A simple question but one that is causing me problems. Is there an easy way
> to automatically ftp the contents of a directory up to a remote web server
> running ftp.
>
> I want to write some sort of script that I run and it connect to the ftp
> server and then copies the contents of a directory up then disconnects..

The best thing is probably to do it with rsync, which will be far
more efficient and secure than ftp.

Failing that, the "mirror" package
(http://sunsite.org.uk/packages/mirror/) is designed for doing this
over ftp and can do so in either direction from either end.

--
Amaze your friends and annoy your enemies:
echo '#define if(x) if (!(x))' >> /usr/include/stdio.h