[Gllug] PSU fans

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at online.no
Sat Sep 8 03:28:44 UTC 2001

* Alex Hudson <home at alexhudson.com> spake thus:
> On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 05:49:50AM -0700, jackson harry wrote:
> > > I thought that the killer was current not voltage or power?

This is true, as Xander already pointed out.

> > Yes this is true but it is the application of both that will kill
> > you

Yeah, a certain level of voltage is needed to put a lethal dose of
current through your heart.

> I suspect that the application of current without voltage would be
> some feat ;)

Yeah, but albeit not undoable. You can seet up a current in a wire by
moving it in a magnetic field... :)

However, on a different note. I was once in a valley where my compass
went completely mad. The reason? The *industry* in this valley were
represented by a  steel-plant, and for melting the steel they used a lot
of power (well, obviously ;). The funny thing was, the steel-melting pot
ran on 3 (three) volts. The current however, was enormous :)

Regards,
Stig

--
brautaset.org