[Gllug] Fwd: Webmaster and Web Strategy 2001 - 10th-11th Octo ber 2001, Olympia, London

David Irvine co2cool at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 17:22:04 UTC 2001

Jim Bailey wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If anyone wants a good book to help themselves or others make the
> transition as a sys admin from M$ to Linux may I recommend "Linux
> System Administration for Beginners, Steve Shah, Osbourne McGraw  It
> was the book that really helped me get to grips with Linux and also
> taught me more about NT than my colleagues at the time much to the
> chagrin of the NT admin who thought knowledge of NT should not be
> spread amongst non MCSEs. ;-P
>
> BTW apologies for not putting any :) or ;-) in my last posting I have
> made enough mistakes in my time. :-)
>
> Peace Jim
>
> On Thursday, September 13, 2001, at 08:30 AM, Jackson, Harry wrote:
>
>> Has anyone ever put together a nice brochure detailing how to migrate
>> from
>> Windows to Linux. That would be quite a snub if you handed one of those
>> across the counter.

I  don't know if this is what people had in mind, what ideally I would
want to  see is a book that you can  look up for a system similar to
what you have on  NT, for example mail server with address book and
stuff like that. The  book then describes what the linux equivelant is,
for example, LDAP, pop3d, imap, and sendmail for example, it should then
go into detail of how to find out how to set up the systems and pitfalls
etc.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk