[Gllug] Multiple Installs

Adam Bower abower at thebowery.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 08:54:00 UTC 2001

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Paul Nasrat wrote:

> For RedHat kickstart is what you should be looking at.

> I haven't used the 7.1 kickstart but it seems improved to the 6.2
> version which I have used extensively.  you can make a cd, use nfs,
> etc.

Yeah use Redhat kickstart, I have used for Redhat 6.1 through 7.1, the
only thing is don't bother trying to use NFS as it is broken in some
subtle but non-obvious way, we found that it would sometimes not mount
directorys properly. Use the ftp install mode instead as it works much
better.

Adam
--
This message is Copyleft - all rights reversed
Adam

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk