[Gllug] PSU fans

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Thu Sep 6 21:43:20 UTC 2001

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 07:47:07PM +0000, George F. Saxby wrote:
>  you are looking for an 80MM standard fan from any good overclockers store
> like overclockers.co.uk
>
> On Thursday 06 September 2001 16:44, your missive said : -
>  > Can you get fans for PSUs (I haven't seen any) or will I have to buy a
>  > whole new PSU (seems a bit wasteful if this is so)

I don't know whether this is just me, but there is something about tinkering with power supplies that just doesn't sit right.. oh yes, that's it, it's because they can kill you :)

Seriously, make sure you turn off that power supply at least a day before you're going to take a soldering iron to it in anger. They're much like TVs.. resident charge. Nasty voltages :(

Cheers,

Alex.

"Careful now" - Dougal, Fr. Ted.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk