[Gllug] "We Linux users have been doing all that for 10 years."

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Thu Sep 27 12:48:02 UTC 2001

>We Linux users have been doing all that for 10 years.
></quot>
>
>Err ten years. Since 1991 eh?

To be fair, it was pretty difficult to do anything much with Linux before
1991...

Yes, other Unix (and non-Unix) systems had been doing it for well over a
decade before that too, but trying to explain that to the average Guardian
reader probably was just going to confuse the issue. 10 years is enough to
give the right idea. Remember, most people were still using DOS then, and
the "lucky" few had Windows 3.0.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk