[Gllug] GNOME Status Docklet

Ian Norton bredroll at dsh.org.uk
Sat Sep 8 08:27:52 UTC 2001

On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 10:51:03AM +0100, David Damerell and others wrote:.

> >>desktop. I've already got to not look forward to changing to FVWM
> >But that's the whole *point* of it. I gave both GNOME (with various window
> >managers) and KDE (with kwm) a go, but in the end, I've come back to my
> >tried and trusted fvwm2 configuration, because none of the other options
> >give me as much control over my environment. If I want to bind something
> >to a given mouse button in a given context, they I don't want my window
> >manager to prevent me from doing it. fvwm2 doesn't. All the others do.
>
> Eh, sawfish allows one to bind any button to any operation; how have
> you found it lacking?

afaik enlightenment lets you do this too,

a friend of mine has his enlightnement set up to do the following

all refs to the yellow box are the one he made in his theme :-)

run vim in a window when he right clicks on the little yellow box

run mutt in a window if its not already open when he rolls the mouse wheel up
when over the yellow box

if mutt is already open then do sendmail -q when he rolls the mouse wheel ip,

etc etc

bit of a wierd setup imo but he enjoys it,

bredroll

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk