[Gllug] C++ Nothing technical not very interesting

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Tue Sep 18 15:49:52 UTC 2001

Hi all

	I have applied for two courses with the OU next year one of which is
going to involve C++ and the other RDBM's. Is there an easy application to
start learning C++ on Windows (My OU finishes in October and I am going to
migrate to Linux which will give me three months to play before the course
starts) I have played with KDE Develop on Mandrake as well and was wondering
if this is the best one around for a beginner on Linux.

The following was posted by Nix a while ago and was not the reason I wanted
to do C++ honest.

`No, no. C is a small sharp knife. You can cut down trees with it, and
 get it cut down exactly the way you want it, with each shaving shaped
 exactly as you wish.

 C++ is a small sharp knife with a bolted-on chainsaw and
 bearing-mounted laser cannon rotating at one revolution per second
 wildly firing every which way. You can cut down trees with it, and get
 it cut down exactly the way you want it, with each shaving shaped
 exactly as you wish.

 You can also fire up the chainsaw and cut down the entire forest at
 one go, with all the trees cut down exactly the way you want them and
 every shaving shaped exactly as you wish -- provided that you make
 sure to point the wildly rotating and firing laser cannon in the right
 direction all the time.'

  -- Padrone, LysKom, article 717443, 11 Sep 1994,
         translated by Calle Dybedahl.

Regards;
Harry Jackson.

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk