[Gllug] compiling 2.5 kernels

Dave Jones davej at suse.de
Thu Apr 18 13:59:33 UTC 2002

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 12:16:00PM +0100, Stephen Harker wrote:
 > hpt34x.c: In function `hpt34x_dmaproc':
 > hpt34x.c:328: incompatible type for argument 2 of `ide_build_dmatable'
 > hpt34x.c:328: too few arguments to function `ide_build_dmatable'
 > hpt34x.c:330: structure has no member named `dmatable_dma'

That one possibly needs a bit more surgery than the previous fixes I mentioned.
It could possibly be fixed in Martin Dalecki's IDE patches already, which
I've not got around to merging..

 > So maybe I shouldn't use a config file from 2.4.18!

If you do a make oldconfig, and obsolete options will be thrown away,
and you'll only be asked questions about the new options. This is
perfectly fine to do, and is something I regularly do.

--

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk