[Gllug] Oracle Client Software

Clive Hills chills at chills.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 12 11:45:06 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 12:34, Simon Stewart wrote:
> What else do you have running on the machine? I've been using a lot of
> Java recently on an Athlon 500, and it's not too bad, provided you
> have the RAM to get away with it....

At the time I was doing the install , I didn't have much else running,
on an Athlon 1.2GHz machine with 512Mb of RAM. It would have been a lot
quicker if I'd installed the default pre-canned database files rather
than configuring and installing them from scratch using dbassist but I
needed to do that since I wanted to play with Oracle Internet Directory
(don't ask:-))

Oracle 8 has a much lower footprint than 8i I find.

Regards
Clive
--
Clive Hills | Unemployed Solaris/Linux sysadmin | e:
chills at chills.demon.co.uk
Crayford    | Universe/Reality/Pick DBA 	| t: 01322 550166
Kent UK	    | Looking for work in City/West End | t: 07997 013387

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk