[Gllug] weird CD / modem problemm

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Sat Apr 13 00:05:48 UTC 2002

can anyone shed some light on the following problem i've only just
observed on my 2.4.18-jp9 system:

i was getting extremely miffed at what i initially thought was a bt
internet problem this afternoon.  while concurrently ogg encoding some
CD's my ppp net connection managed to drop about 50% of the packets.
nothing todo with bt, but they were my immediate cause for suspicion.

for whatever bizzare reason, reading data off the ide dvd drive fsck's
up my modem/serial port.  does anyone have the slightest fsck'ing clue
what might cause such a monumental bodge up for my all singing and
dancing multimedia monster?

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 If NT is the answer, you didn't understand the question.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk