[Gllug] Next GLLUG Meeting - 14th September 2002

Colin Murphy SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 8 16:25:38 UTC 2002

That is right, your eyes do not deceive you, The Greater London Linux User
Group is, at long last, going to have another meeting.

The date for your diaries is Saturday 14th September 2002, 12noon until
5pm. Doubtless to say, there will also be a session in some pub
afterwards, should you not be able to make it during the day.

We will be meeting in the New Cavendish Street campus of Westminster
University, this is in the shadow of the BT Tower, nearest tube stations
are Great Portland Street and Goodge Street. You will find a map at [
http://www.wmin.ac.uk/static/maps.asp ]

For this meeting, and all the future meetings, we have the use of the
Universities 'large' lecture theatre, the network lab and the
Multimedia lab.

The large lecture theatre -
Hopefully you will appreciate the use of this larger lecture theatre. For
those that went last time, your comments and criticisms were justified
about the smaller theatre being too small. We are still finalising the
details of the talks, so these will be posted soon.

The network lab -
We will use the network lab, this month, for rolling demo installations.

The multimedia room -
This will be used as a chat area, away from the lectures.
There are monitors, desks and power, so people are welcome to set up their
own equipment here if they want.
Hopefully we will have some BoaF groups form here.

The GLLUG website, you remember - it's at http://gllug.linux.co.uk, has had
a revamp.  Do make sure you have a look, pass on your comments.

The meeting after the next meet is booked for the 19th October 2002

Colin Murphy -SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk