[Gllug] Blogs

colin z robertson czr at rtnl.org.uk
Sat Aug 3 00:13:11 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 13:02, Colin Murphy wrote:
> So, are people prepared to tell the list what blogs they regularly read.
> Indeed, is it good form to be even asking this, or is the whole blog
> subject really much more of a Zen thing.

I don't see any reason not to ask. I feared there might be a deluge, but
apparently blogs aren't as popular as us bloggers assume they are.

So these are my favourites:

Caveat Lector - Dorothea Salo. eBooks, Markup, RPGs.
http://www.textartisan.com/caveatlector/

AKMA. Religious philosophising that an atheist can enjoy.
http://www.seabury.edu/faculty/akma/blog.html

iRights - Jeremy Bowers/Jerf. Copyright and technology.
http://www.jerf.org/irights/

rc3.org - Rafe Colburn. American left-leaning politics.
http://rc3.org/

Epeus' epigone - Kevin Marks. Copyright and technology.
http://epeus.blogspot.com/

Winterspeak - Zimran Ahmed. Economics, copyright and technology.
http://www.winterspeak.com/

SATN - Bob Frankston and David Reed. Networking.
http://www.satn.org/

If you want to know about blogs in general, Rebecca Blood's essay on the
subject <http://www.rebeccablood.net/essays/weblog_history.html> is not
a bad place to start. And Doc Searls <http://doc.weblogs.com/> often
blogs about blogs in general.

It would be silly at this stage not to mention my own blog
<http://rtnl.org.uk/words>, but it's not really on a par with the others
I've mentioned.

colin