[Gllug] Blogs

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Mon Aug 5 16:27:22 UTC 2002

On Sat, Aug 03, 2002 at 04:10:37PM +0200, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> * Simon Stewart <sms at lateral.net> spake thus:
>
> > Not a blog, but one of my favourite pages cos it collects all my
> > cartoons together:
> >
> > http://www.pubbitch.org/toons.html
> >
> > *disclaimer* That's on my website, that is. And I wrote the perl that
> > makes it work. For certain values of "work".
>
> <grin>
>
> are you willing to share that significant piece of perl with the part of
> the population that desperately would like such a thing but cannot
> read/write perl? is it possible to tweak it to gather *my* favourite
> 8-10 comics easily?

It's not terribly difficult to set up: the hardest thing about it is
that you need to use regular expressions to pick out the images (and
that sometimes a sunday stip has a completely different format) I'm
happy to whip in any favourites, and sometime in the not too distant
future I'll put a link up to the source. Mail me off list if you're
keen to get hold of it before then.

Cheers,

Simon

--
Welcome to the Church of the Holy Cabbage. Lettuce pray.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk