[Gllug] I Better Introduce Myself Too...

Matthew Thompson matt at actuality.co.uk
Mon Dec 23 07:41:04 UTC 2002

On Sunday, December 22, 2002, at 11:39  pm, Paul Mansfield wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 10:40:59PM +0000, Dan Kolb wrote:
>
>> Bah. You new people have it so easy :-). I started off with Linux FT
>> (hands up who here remembers that), being forced to learn the
>> command-line.
>
> Hahaha I remember it well,i was my first install. It was my first
> install
> mainly because it supported my "almost" ide cdrom drive an ancient NEC
> one.
> I think I still have the CD's in the spare room somewhere.
> yep just checked, version Linux FT 1.0 CD's still there.

Bah that's a dreadful first distro. I used it as my second :o)

The first was a broken Slackware on CD that had to be copied to hard
drive or floppies to be installed. But one of the primary disks in the
set was wrong. The next version of slackware delivered on a cover disk
did work but by then I had started using FT.

M at t :o)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk