[Gllug] Any NetBSD users lurking around here?

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Thu Dec 12 16:17:05 UTC 2002

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 11:07:55PM +0000, Chris Wareham wrote:
> Ian Northeast wrote:
> >
> >BTW Jim, even NetBSD won't run on an old RS/6000 (I assume these are
> >MCA). I see there's an experimental port for PReP/CHRP but those will
> >run Linux. It's fine on old SPARCs. I don't know about the SGI.
> >

> Support for the SGI challenge series was added to NetBSD/sgimips about
> 18 months ago. I don't know how mature that part of the sgimips port is,
> but they are damn fine machines.

I didn't know this I have had the box and 4 vault storage arrays for
over a year now but done very little with it due to a lack of ability
and time.

I always wanted to put a free OS on it but thought I would have to use
some Irix software I had managed to get my hands on.

This changes everything I might even bring it along to the next
install-fest.

Install this you B*****d. ;)

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk