[Gllug] GNOME Disk Activity

Sudhir Anand anand_sudhir at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 12 11:37:56 UTC 2002

Since you want to indulge in word play, I am quite happy to reply.  I have
been using Linux for a while now and used both KDE and Gonome.  The fact is
that on my Pc and  my experience, KDE has performed satisfactorily and been
a transparent tool in hepling me achieve my objectives.  On Gnome, however,
I was struggling with the environment/windows manager or whatever you want
to call it.  I spent more time resolving Gnome issues then getting on with
my work.  My experience is based on facts as experienced by me.  I have
installed Linux on close to ten Pc's at home, both desktops and laptops.  I
know this is not a huge number but in my experience KDE has worked better by
far than Gnome.  Therefore based on my experiences I formed an opinion.

I must admit that a lot of people on this list indulge in narrow word play.

On confidence, nothing said by anyone will dent my confidence or opinion.

I attended the User Group meeting on December 7.  The presentation on Gnome
was in my opinion very poor and did nothing to inspire confidence in using
it as my enviroment / windows front end / [take your pick].  If the rest of
you found otherwise, then you are like me entitled to your opinion.

My other gripe is on what I consider to be personal insults, for which there
is no need and to which I am sensitive.  Being an immigrant I have got used
to racial and other insults hurled at me on the streets.  I would like to
make clear that I am NOT accusing anyone here of using racial abuse.

Sudhir.

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk