[Gllug] Audio conflict

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Dec 5 22:23:47 UTC 2002

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Norman Duncan wrote:

> Hello folks
>
> Living in Barcelona I have just put in an ADSL line, and it is
> working well.
> So I am trying to listen to some of my favourite programmes
> from back
> home (Bob Harris, The Late junction on Radio 3, Iain Anderson
> on R.
> Scotland, ....)

Living in London I would like to have a fast pipe just to be able
to ask a friend to relay Radio 3, the spanish one.

If you don't know it, try it. Is one of the things I miss most
from back home.

> But I keep getting a bunch of conflicts and audio cuts out,
> only to come
> back if I reboot.
>
> SuSe 8.1,  KDE3,  Netscape 7 (for their java),  Real player
>
>     but Real player does not start up directly when I click on
> the
> programme. First I get the BBC player in Netscape (previously
> the same
> in Konquerer). I have to click on the "are you having
> difficulties
> receiving audio" link and then I get RealAudio.
>
> Left to run .. it goes for anything between 20 - 60 mins and
> then cuts out.
> It often says that I dont have the plug in installed, so I
> have reinstalled.
> Or it says that the audio device is already being used.
> This has been happening over the last week, since installing
> ADSL.
> But now nothing (audio) will open...No Bob Harris (sob)
>
> I see that my tmp directory has filled up with root locked
> subdirectories all with a line of numbers as their name.
> And I am stuck here.
>
> Can anyone help please.
>
> Norman

Sorry I can't help.

Bona nit. or as I would prefer Boas Noites.

   . .                              Formi
   / \ GZ           MDK 9.0 ThinkPad 560E
  // \\/
 /( _ )     Linux Registered User #235743
  ^   ^

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk