[Gllug] ADSL Linux

chris.wareham at btopenworld.com chris.wareham at btopenworld.com
Thu Dec 12 16:54:11 UTC 2002

Tet wrote:

>  ... I like ethernet. It's gives a nice clean solution.
> The only setup that's needed is with ifconfig.

I've got a six million dollar question that none of the review sites
has answered for me. What's the best router for BT ADSL if I just
want one ethernet socket, no builtin firewall and no NAT/IP
masquerading? Something like the following setup:

Internet ----> [Router] ----> [BSD Firewall] ---> [hub]- - -

I simply want something that allows me to stuff the BT supplied
Alcatel modem in a cupboard, configure a simple router, and run a
network of non-USB machines off of it.

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk