[Gllug] Toshiba Libretto 70 with RH6.2

John Edwards john_ed at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 19:23:44 UTC 2002

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 05:47:00PM +0100, BUNTER MATTHEW wrote:
> RH on Toshiba Libretto Users,
>
> I just upgraded to RH6.2 on my Libretto (2.2.15). I was wondering
> if anyone has installed a later kernel on the Libretto and what
> level it was. If you have were there any issues?
>
> I tried RH7.1 a while ago and it didn't want to boot so I wasn't
> sure if it was just 2.4 kernels or anything above a certain level.
>
> Rgs,
>
> Matt

I've used RedHat 6.x and 7.2 on a Libretto, once it's installed there
are not many problems.

The floppy disk driver has been ported to kernel 2.4 so that's OK.
XFree86 v4 on Debian gave a few complaints that 800x480 was not a
valid mode, but it didn't do that on RedHat 7.2.

Installing it is tricky as the external floppy disk will only work for
the first disk (it's non-standard) and the PCMCIA install now requires
two disks and they don't include the driver for the external floppy.

If you have an external CDROM that linux supports then you are fine,
otherwise you have to bootstrap it from a FAT partition in some way
or manually upgrade the packages individually (not fun).

--
|      John Edwards    Email: John.Edwards at uk.com            |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk