[Gllug] CD Writing with Samba

Darran D. Rimron-Molloy ddrm at digital-science.net
Sat Feb 9 20:59:17 UTC 2002

From: Harry

> I am trying to make my cdwriter visible to Windows as a cd
> writer and am having some problems.

As in, use windows software to burn! I don't think you can do this, can
you?!?! I thought CD-Writers works fundamentally different to this....
Lead-In & Lead-Out -- packet-writing, under windows atleast, is
fundamentally different - that allows you to "drag and drop" files on to
your CD, without special software, but I don't even know if that works
under Linux....

Lots of "I don't knows" in here... but I *THINK* what you are trying to
do is impossible

	-Darran

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk