[Gllug] MySQL 3.23.41 on RH7.2 - 2nd attempt

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Mon Feb 25 16:38:33 UTC 2002

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 05:20:00PM +0100, BUNTER MATTHEW wrote:
> I tried this with no luck.
>
> I ran the mysql_install_db file then did the safe_mysqld file with no
> luck. Then grepped for the process without finding any.

Well, there's your problem then. Try running mysqld without using the
safe_mysqld wrapper; it should provide some useful information on
stdout/err. You might also want to take a look at any log files that
are produced. If you're not sure where they are, take a look at the
safe_mysqld script....

Cheers,

Simon

--
"At Lonix everyone is too busy drinking to talk about Linux.  A newbie
might get the impression we were drinking so as not to have to talk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk