[Gllug] I APOLOGISE

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Mon Feb 11 00:09:49 UTC 2002

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 08:26:32PM +0000, Sean Burlington wrote:
> On Friday 08 February 2002 7:25 pm, you wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 07:17:36PM +0000, Sean Burlington wrote:
> > > I really don't understand the wrath recruiters invoke on this list - we
> > > get maybe one message a month *from* them...
> >
> > While we're not the biggest fans of recruiters on this list, we don't
> > rant at them as a matter of course. We only rant at the slack-witted,
> > slow thinking, small minded, greedy kind. Which, admittedly is most of
> > them.
>
> it is routine on this list to rant at recruiters

That's what I said ;)

> but more to the point this culture of abusive ranting is very harmfull to the
> open source movement as a whole.

This is not an Open Source rant. This is a rant against greed and
stupidity, which is something completely different. IMO, this list
seems to avoid the sort of zealous ranting you're thinking about quite
well (unless it's provoked....)

Cheers,

Simon

--
<dhd> even though I know what a 'one time pad' is, it still sounds like
a feminine hygiene product

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk