[Gllug] website 'user experience' testing tools?

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu Feb 14 15:22:32 UTC 2002

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 03:10:23PM +0000, Jim Cheetham wrote:
> Guys,
> I'm having a scout around for some suitable quick'n'dirty web site testing
> tools ... any suggestions?
>
> Whatever I choose will be replaced by some comercial service in the short
> term, but 'they' want some data now.
>
> I'm looking for multiple web page transactions, throttled down to end-user
> connection speeds, running on unix of course, no fancy graphic output
> needed, I can pop the data into a spreadsheet quite happily ...

What about Apache JMeter? Might do what you need it to. OTOH, it is in
Java, but since the JDK 1.4 has been released (complete with claims of
a "speed improvement") it might be bearable to use.[1]

Cheers,

Simon

[1] Alright, on my work Athlon, java isn't that tardy. :)

--
The debate rages on: Is Perl Bactrian or Dromedary?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk