[Gllug] Sun AS4030

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Fri Feb 8 15:20:49 UTC 2002

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 03:13:29PM +0000, Christian Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Ian Norton wrote:
>
> >Thanks tet,
> >
> >yeah quick look on sunhelp.org and it looks like a sparc lx, aparently
> >this one has 64mb in it,
>
> At the risk of sounding heretical, I'd recommend running NetBSD on this. I
> think it'd be a bit faster (though I have no proof) as it appears to have
> a lower memory overhead.

Hate to sound even more heretical, but what about Solaris? Or is the
LX one of the unsupported machines? You can download SPARC Solaris 8
of the Net with a fat enough pipe.... GCC might take a short while to
compile, but you could try and grab it from
http://www.sunfreeware.com/

Cheers,

Simon

--
A debugged program is one for which you have not yet found the conditions
that make it fail.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk