[Gllug] apt-rpm for Red Hat 7.2

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Thu Jan 24 14:04:18 UTC 2002

Bruce Richardson(itsbruce at uklinux.net)@Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 12:51:04PM +0000:
> The joys of apt and possible alternatives for rpm distros etc having been
> discussed repeatedly on the list, here's a set of apt-rpm archives for
> Red Hat 7.2 and instructions:
>
> http://apt-rpm.tuxfamily.org/scripts/apt-rpm.html
>
> If I ever found myself having to use Red Hat again at work, I would be
> using something like this to keep me sane.

hmmm, i was playing arroung with my bare bones 2.2r3 install yesterday,
and i couldnt install any packages.  apt-get install ... kept telling me
that there was a pre-req that needed to be installed first.  attempting
to install the pre-req kept failing.  apt-get -f install did not help at
all.  now i'm at a loss.  at least with rpm i can force it to do my
bidding.

this is not the first time i've fought with the mighty apt, and lost.  i
keep wanting to try debian after all the great comments people on the
list give about it.  but i've yet to be convinced.  each time i try and
use it, packages fail to install properly.

i was under the impression, that apt was the bees knees, but i'm afraid
from my perspective, even the buggy RPM's i occasionly get from MDK
cooker work better.  or maybe it's just i know how to fix it when it
brakes.

expet a more indepth request for help when i next reboot into debian.

-v

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 REALITY.SYS corrupted: Reboot universe? (Y/N/Q)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk