[Gllug] nmap

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Jan 31 01:16:37 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 10:51:38AM -0000, Jackson, wrote:
> I very rarely do anything deliberately but I would like my windows/RH box to
> use the Debian box as its nameserver. I want it like this because BT keep
> changing their bloody namservers in a completely random way. I also use
> UKlinux during the day. I want something dynamic but looking at BIND was a
> bit scary so am currently hunting for a more simple method. Pdnsd has been
> mentioned.

One other thing about pdnsd: it either listens on all interfaces or on
the *one* you specify.  In your case, since you want it on both lo and
eth0, you must be sure to block it on the dial-up interface.  But then
you're busy writing your firewall script to block all nasties, eh?

--
Bruce

I object to intellect without discipline.  I object to power without
constructive purpose. -- Spock