[Gllug] Geforce2

Jonathan Harker jon at jonathanharker.co.uk
Thu Jan 24 02:04:08 UTC 2002

Okay I'm new to the list, and I hate to be pedantic, but big long discussions
on the merits of democracy, or the finer points of automatic transmissions,
could surely be submitted with a more appropriate subject line, such as

Autos vs. Manuals (was Geforce2)

or something.

<suit padding="glass wool" appearance="staypuft mashmallow man">
I'm not saying ban off-topic non-Linux discussions as that would be lame.
Just maybe help categorise them a bit better, so that we don't read about
automatic transmissions when we want to find out about Geforce2 cards!
</suit>

<rant level="flamethrower, cheeky bastard, deliberately provocative">
As it happens, we should really try and drive manual transmissions, as they
can be up to 10% more fuel efficient. I'd be more worried about that, and the
fact that the US saw fit to flout ten hard years of trying to build up
effective UN environmental legislation (Kyoto, Rio, etc), and yet produce
nearly half of the world's CO2. Geez, now they're walking all over 50 year
old Geneva POW conventions, too. "Illegal combatants", my arse (ass)!
PS. reply subject should be "Greenhouse emissions (was Geforce2)"  :-)
</rant>

peace love and mung beans,

Jon.

--