[Gllug] IDE -> SCSI converters

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Thu Jan 10 17:39:44 UTC 2002

Yeah I have one in my machine, it works a treat and it's nice to have 40
gigs of scsi storage. You can get them from Park Royal pc500, their web
site is www.pc500.net, they have a whole host of thee coverters, from raid
1 boxes to scsi ultra wide. I'd get a good IDE disk to go with these
though.

Tushar

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 02:31:43PM +0000, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> I remember seeing suh devices online somewhere, a little thing that
> plugged into the back of an IDE disk, and effectively converted it to
> SCSI.  They were quite expensive at the time 50 quid or so, and all this
> SCSI talk has pipped my interest in them again.
>
> but i cant for the life of me remember where i saw them.  all i do
> remember, was that there was only a single UK distributor for them.
> which was not one of the well known companies.
>
> infact, i seem to recall being told about them by a gllug/lonix
> individual in a pub once.  Does anyone have a clue what i'm talking
> about, and could possibly furnish me with a link?
>
> cheers,
> -v
>
> --
>
> PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc
>
> --

|                 Turtle Networks Ltd.                 |
|  Unit 48, Concord Road, London W3 0TH                |
|  Tel: (020) 8992 7008     |  Fax: (020) 8992 7017    |
|  www.turtle.net           |  tjoshi at turtle.net       |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk