[Gllug] Init not Found

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 12 20:35:49 UTC 2002

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, David Damerell uttered the following:
> On , 9 Jan 2002, Nix wrote:
>>Anything like Richard Gooch's need(8) hack?
>
> I don't know what that is like, TBH. The new BSD init has each
> runlevel specify a set of things to run, and then dependencies
> between the init scripts are used to establish an ordering.

It's a dependency scheme modelled on Emacs's require/provide scheme.
It doesn't have a set-of-things-to-run at all, as such; it doesn't need
one.

See <http://www.atnf.csiro.au/~rgooch/linux/boot-scripts/index.html>.

--
`Perhaps you should have asked Santa for your program as a Christmas
present.' --- Terran Melconian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk