[Gllug] Microcode update

Dave Jones davej at suse.de
Sun Jul 14 09:33:39 UTC 2002

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 07:48:17AM -0700, Simon Trimmer wrote:
 > > The P4 one isn't much better 8-)
 > Not too surprised there, browsing the architecture manuals they seem to have
 > tweaked quite a bit. That's a source of annoyance at the moment, the
 > mechanism for setting at the performance counters changed so oprofile doesn't
 > run on P4s

Yup. That's been on my TODO for a while, but until I get a P4 to play
with, it's unlikely to get done. There's a possibility of new toys next
month though, so who knows...

I thought getting the Athlon support into oprofile was tricky, but the
P4 looks like a completely different kettle of fish.

        Dave

--

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk