[Gllug] rpm from tgz

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Fri Jul 5 11:14:25 UTC 2002

Hello all. I've discovered that you can make rpms from .tgz source files by
going
# rpm -ta --clean blahblah.tgz
 and it works most of the time :-)
The idea being that I can cleanly install and remove all the crap I keep
trying out and getting bored with. Yes I know about stow Bruce but I'm being
stubborn!
However, does anyone know how I can pass arguments to the ./configure script,
specifically to change th prefix. With rpms on Mandrake, stuff goes into /usr
but most source code defaults to /usr/local.
I managed to build rpms of Xine and libdvdread etc... and finally got DVDs
working under Xine last night. Hooray! Plays divx really well too!
Steve.
--
Stephen Harker
steve at pauken.co.uk

"The sooner we fall behind, the longer we have to catch up!"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk