[Gllug] ADSL static IP address

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 09:33:42 UTC 2002

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 10:13:28AM +0100, Zverina, David wrote:
> See that nobody else mentioned it ... Zen.
>
> www.zenadsl.co.uk

Someone said y/day mentioned the speed but said that the upload (host to Internet)
was 128Kb, no it is twice that but 1/2 the download speed.

I decided to measure it by ftping 2 files, once in each direction.
The files were both about 10Mb, one was an RPM (non compressible),
the other contained NUL bytes (highly compressible).

I got 58 Kbytes/sec download & 30 Kbytes/sec upload. The times were
the same for both file types.

If you really want to work out the bit rate, remember that you will need to add
a protocol overhead to the above - I can't be bothered & application data rates is
what interests me anyway.

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>