[Gllug] Fwd: Open Source Software

Colin Murphy SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jul 9 08:05:32 UTC 2002

You guys want to send off the name of your favourite Open Source purveyor
to Steve directly - copy the list in if you want.

Subject: Open Source Software
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 22:06:35 +0100
From: "Steve Jeynes" <stevejeynes at jeeves1.freeserve.co.uk>
To: "Steve Jeynes" <stevejeynes at jeeves1.freeserve.co.uk>

Hi,

I write to you seeking assistance in an independent research project
currently being undertaken as part of my MSc with the Open University in
 the subject of Open Source Software and its use in businesses and
 organisations.

As part of the research, I am particularly interested in learning about
 the experiences, attitudes and ideas of users of an Open Source Software
 solution in commerce and industry and whether it meets their needs.

As the primary contact for the Linux User Group in your area, I would be
grateful if you could provide me with a list of businesses or
 organisations within your locality that you believe are using or may
 consider using Open Source Software.  The information I require is simply
 the name of the organisation.  However, if you are able to provide me
 with any additional details I would be extremely grateful.

Finally, may I stress that this is purely an academic research project and
any information received would not be used for any other purpose.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help in this matter.

Regards

STEVE JEYNES

M801 - MASTER OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN COMPUTING FOR COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
 OPEN UNIVERSITY

Colin Murphy -SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk