[Gllug] Help me plz

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Tue Jul 2 16:45:41 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 02:23:03PM +0530, Manjush G. Menon wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a 7.2 Redhat Linux machine connected to the windows 2000 LAN.
> But, i couldn't configure the network properly. Im not able to connect
> or even ping to the Windows 2000 server.
> Please help me,
> Thx in advance,

If you have checked the hardware network cards, cables etc. and they all
seem to be working.  try checking that the network card you have
installed has the relevant drivers installed.  Your friend here is
modprobe you can also use the string command to grep the binary for the
relevant binary.  I don't know how much experience you have with Linux
but you may want to check out http://rute.sourceforge.net for a good
free Linux course.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk