[Gllug] Sysadmin appreciation day

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Mon Jul 29 09:15:40 UTC 2002

On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 01:01:39AM +0100, Nix wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Simon Stewart moaned:
> > Just had my first ever "I appreciate you" email from a
> > user. Ahhh, bless their little cottons! I'll put the petrol soaked
> > "P4 dust filters" away for now.
>
> (in their sandwich box ;} )

Today, maybe....

> I got bought a drink even though I'm not a sysadmin. It seems people
> think I am one regardless of my official job.

Not quite sure what you do, Nix, but I assume it involves sitting in
front of a computer doing something which makes everything work, but
which is incomprehensible to the normal users. cf. sysadmin.

> I wonder why that is. ;}

You spend your working hours whiling away the time on mailing lists
and not appearing to do anything else :P

Cheers,

Simon

--
"I have a longstanding agreement with tequila: I won't
 drink it, and it won't make me sick."  -- Brian Kantor

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk