[Gllug] ADSL static IP address

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Sun Jul 7 18:43:17 UTC 2002

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 06:50:49PM +0100, John Edwards wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 06:43:55PM +0100, Robin Smith wrote:
> > Can anyone recommend an ADSL supplier that gives out a static IP address
> > and allows you to set up a DNS domain for that IP address including MX
> > records?
> >
> > Robin
>
> Mailbox have static IPs available on all of their ADSL services:
> 	http://www.mailbox.net.uk/services/connectivity/adsl.shtml

I use www.eclipse.net.uk the important thing that they do is REVERSE DNS,
I do the forward DNS -- master config from my own box (ie complete control)
& somewhere else (with very good connectivity) that the rest of the world sees
as primary.
Do ask whatever ISP if they do the reverse dns since they control the
IP addresses so they do the reverse bit.

> Whatever you choose avoid USB ADSL modems.
I have had very few probs with my alcatel blue 'ray'/fish.

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk