[Gllug] Shameless plug for Linux on a Dreamcast

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 28 15:02:48 UTC 2002

On Friday 28 Jun 2002 3:47 pm, Richard Cohen wrote:

[snip]

> I'd be interested, in theory.  I have a Dreamcast, and I'm already running
> Linux on 3 platforms (x86, PowerPC, ARM) and Solaris on another (SPARC) at
> home.  My problem with it (apart from the fact the SF sucks, so your site
> is dead right now) is that while I have the 50 device already, I'd need a
> keyboard (15?), probably a mouse(15?), and probably a network connector
> (lots???) before I'd be able to do anything particularly useful with it.

Well, you can buy a PS/2 keyboard to DC Maple port adapter - I can even sell
you mine if you like (as I have the real things now).

You won't pay £15 for either of those devices (and a mouse is pretty much
unnecessary) on ebay. But, yes, the BBA (the NIC) isn't cheap, though you
could run NFS off the serial cable.

The attraction is that you can make a contribution to the kernel without
having to be a mega-guru. I've written two device drivers now - and I first
*used* Linux a year ago this month.

Adrian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk