[Gllug] The Palladium Scheme

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Wed Jun 26 15:23:01 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 08:48:31AM +0100, John Southern wrote:

> > http://theregister.co.uk/content/4/25891.html
>
> I remember the previous MS security chip. They managed to put one in a
> Mattel Aquarius computer :-)

I have just read the original article on News Week as well as the
Register article, I hope I am wrong and the spin the main stream tech
media will not be so uncritical as the News Week article.  If The
Register is right however about this then Linux and the GPL could be in
serious trouble.  This is one to watch and maybe get involved in, it
makes the DMCA and EUCD look like a side show.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk