[Gllug] Sendmail rewriting

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 22 12:15:54 UTC 2002

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, tet at accucard.com yowled:
> to each message, for hopefully obvious reasons. Please, no smartass
> replies about using exim, qmail, postfix etc.

Er, procmail and formail can do this :)

> PS. Alternatively, just giving me a way to pass envelope information
>     to procmail would do. But this was the only way I could think of.

Well, you can preserve the envelope sender OK if your sendmail is adding
mbox-style `From ' headers; stick it through

formail -R 'From ' 'X-Envelope-Sender:'

You can't get the envelope recipient that way, though, I don't think.

--
`What happened?'
                 `Nick shipped buggy code!'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk