[Gllug] HP35480A Tape drive

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Mon Jun 10 15:57:42 UTC 2002

rdrinkwater wrote:

>Good afternoon folks,
>
>I need to obtain an HP35480A dat tape drive to recover data from a
>tape written by this drive (HP "retired" this drive some time ago).  The
>tape has less than 2Gb of data on it but it is important to get the data
>off of it.

scsibus0:
    0,0,0      0) *
    0,1,0      1) *
    0,2,0      2) *
    0,3,0      3) 'HP      ' 'C1533A          ' 'A708' Removable Tape
    0,4,0      4) *
    0,5,0      5) *
    0,6,0      6) 'HP      ' 'HP35480A        ' '1009' Removable Tape

Oooh that would be me ;-)

That is a DDS-1 tape unit, I believe the tapes are also compatible with
the later DDS-2 units.

It is an internal drive that I have, where abouts in the country are you?

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk