[Gllug] New issue of Byte

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 28 14:33:43 UTC 2002

On Friday 28 Jun 2002 3:15 pm, John Hearns wrote:
> There is a one-off issue of Byte coming out,
> with topics dear to my heart like grid and cluster
> computing.
>
> http://www.byte.com
>

> There is a PDF version for download too.

Does anyone else remember the "Is Unix dead?" issue of Byte - 10 years ago
this summer? Probably the September 1992 issue - as I took it away on holiday
that August.

I wish I still had it - I think I'd scan it up and put it on it's own website,
but as I don't I won't have to fight that copyright battle.

Back then I was a WinNT beta tester IIRC and I have to say I bought the
arguments. Oh, the foolishness of youth.

I really miss the printed magazine, though it became increasingly difficult to
get in the months leading up to its demise.

Adrian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk